Sunday, June 1, 2008

Rush Hour 3 and The Kingdom.

The first rental is free, so I got two: Rush Hour 3 and The Kingdom.

RUSH HOUR 3
I didn't see this in the theater because it looked too shitty. And it looks like I was right. The first Rush Hour is a good buddy action comedy, but the sequels seem to be falling more and more flat. This one in particular was 20% movie and 80% schtick. And a lot of the humor was very stale. Like an Abbot & Costello routine involving a couple of guys named Yu and Mi, where Chris Tucker remains perfectly unaware of what's happening for maximum comedic effect. This movie would be great 100 years ago. Nevertheless, there are some enjoyable moments, and I had a lot of fun watching it. Sometimes laughing at, sometimes with.

THE KINGDOM
I had an option on my birthday last year to see either this or Resident Evil: Extinction. I'm really glad I went with Resident Evil, because this is a heavy movie about the war and terrorism. It's much more realistic than Rush Hour 3, but equally as depressing. I liked it, but I don't see myself watching it ever again. I wouldn't watch Rush Hour 3 again either.

And that's it for my first reviews.

Cheers,
Diego

No comments: